There are a few other shortcut keys you can use to shut down Windows 10, depending on your preferences and the situation:
- Win + X, U, U: Press the Windows key + X to open the Quick Link menu, and then press U twice to shut down your computer.
- Ctrl + Alt + Del press the power button: Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, and then click the power button icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to access the shutdown options.
- Win + X, U, S: Press the Windows key + X, U, and then S to put your computer to sleep.
- Win + X, U, R: Press the Windows key + X, U, and then R to restart your computer.
- Win + X, U, I: Press the Windows key + X, U, and then I to sign out of your computer.
- Alt + F4: Pressing the Alt + F4 keys together will bring up the “Shut Down Windows” dialog box, allowing you to choose to shut down, restart, sleep, or sign out of your computer. From there, you can select “Shut down” from the arrow keys and then press Enter to confirm and shut down your computer.
It’s worth noting that some of these shortcut keys may not work if your computer is experiencing issues or is locked down by your IT department. In those cases, you may need to use the traditional shutdown method by clicking the Start menu, selecting the power button icon, and then selecting “Shut down.”
Leave a comment